The Students' Union (UBU)
The Students’ Union (UBU) communicate to students separately to the University, however there is often a lot of collaboration.
They have a number of different communication channels, which include:
- RamAir: the longest serving student radio station in the country is based in Student Central. Please contact Phil Lickley (Media & Entertainments Manager) or the UBU Activities Officer if would like to advertise through the station.
- The Bradford Student: the monthly edition of the student newspaper. For more information please contact the Editor.
- Social Media: The Students’ Union has separate central accounts to the University on many different social media channels which are used effectively. Please contact Phil Lickley (Media & Entertainments Manager).
- Student Forums: Many of the sabbatical officer’s host and chair monthly forums with influential student leaders. If appropriate, staff may be able to feature on the agenda upon approval from the chairing sabbatical. You can see the different sabbatical officers on the UBU website. This also includes General Meetings and Student Council.
- Plasma Screens in Student Central: the largest plasma screen on campus is situated in Student Central alongside others in the bars. These are controlled by Phil Lickley (Media & Entertainments Manager).
- Student Representation System: The Students’ Union has a well-established student representation system at all levels of academic programme and on each level of study (UG, PGR, PGT). These representatives are elected in the first semester. The student rep coordinator is Dan Batchelor who is supported by the UBU Academic Affairs Officer.
Please note that the above channels are managed by the Students' Union staff and Sabbatical Officers and not the Internal Communications and Engagement Officer.