At the start of the examination
- Candidates are under examination conditions at all times. You must not try to communicate with each other during this examination.
- In the event of a fire alarm, candidates must leave all examination materials and personal belongings and proceed quickly but quietly to the Fire Exit.
- You must leave your bag, outerwear, scarf and/or head gear (except for religious or cultural reasons) in the designated area in this examination venue.
- Please place your University of Bradford Student ID Card on your desk and in clear view at all times. Your ID will be checked during this examination.
- Candidates are bound by the University's regulations on the conduct of examinations. The regulations forbid candidates to have in their possession during an examination any unauthorised materials. This includes revision notes for this examination and/or other examinations you may be undertaking. For this reason any candidate in possession of such unauthorised materials must hand it over now before the examination commences. (pause for any response).
- Candidates are bound by the University's regulations on the conduct of examinations. The regulations forbid candidates to have in their possession during an examination any unauthorised electronic devices (E-devices) including mobile phones, Smart watches or programmable calculators.
- Candidates are not permitted to have a mobile phone and/or other E-devices (Smart watches/programmable calculators) on or beneath the desk during this examination. For this reason any candidate in possession of any unauthorised electronic devices must leave such items in a bag or coat pocket in the designated area or hand it over now before the examination commences (pause for any response.)
- All owners of a mobile phone and/or other E-devices (Smart watches/programmable calculators) that ring or are discovered in your possession during this examination will be reported back to the University as a suspected breach of University regulations on assessment.
- The use of programmable calculators is not permitted. All calculators used during an examination will be checked by an invigilator. If you are found in possession of a programmable calculator it will be confiscated from you and reported back to the University as a suspected breach of University regulations on assessment.
- Time restrictions apply during which candidates are expected not to have to leave and re-enter this examination (except in an emergency) as follows:
- Candidates are not permitted to leave this examination until the end (for exams lasting less than one hour)
- Candidates are not permitted to leave this examination during the first 30 minutes or last 15 minutes (for exams lasting one hour)
- Candidates are not permitted to leave this examination during the first hour or last 15 minutes (for exams lasting more than one hour)
- The duration of this examination is ....... hour(s) and the time now is....... This examination will end at ........ I will inform you when you have 15 minutes and 5 minutes remaining (announce appropriate times).
- If you require assistance please raise your hand and continue your work until an invigilator can help you.
- Candidates must carefully read the instructions outlined on the examination question paper and answer books provided for this examination.
- This examination has now formally started and you may begin writing.
15 minutes and 5 minutes before the end of the examination
- You have 15 (5) minutes left before the end of this examination. You are not permitted to leave this examination until you are told to do so by an invigilator.
Please ensure that you have written your UB number, entered the number of questions you have attempted and/or fastened the string to your answer books before you are told to stop writing.
At the end of the examination
- Please stop writing NOW and remain silent in your seat until all examination scripts have been collected in and accounted for by an invigilator before you are formally dismissed.
- You are reminded that you are under examination conditions at all times and that you must not try to communicate with each other during the collection of examination worked scripts.
- You may take the examination question paper away with you UNLESS it has been printed on coloured paper in which case it must be collected in by an invigilator.
When all appropriate examination materials have been collected in and accounted for you may dismiss the candidates
- Please take all your belongings and rubbish away with you when you leave and remember to leave QUIETLY as there may be examinations in progress in other areas of this building. Thank you for your patience - you may now leave this examination venue.
REVISED MAY 2016