How to log a job with the Estates & Facilities Helpdesk
The Estates & Facilities Helpdesk provides a central point of contact for all departments to request maintenance repairs and other works and to query progress on jobs.
Once a request has been received, the job will be added to our electronic job tracking system and you will sent a confirmation email. Additionally the job will be forwarded to which ever section or supplier will be carrying out the work for prioritisation. After prioritising, the job will be issued to the relevant section, an email will be sent to the requester confirming the priority of the task. Further confirmation emails will be sent if the deadline is extended, or when the job is completed or cancelled.
You can raise a reactive job by any of the following means:
|Telephone||(01274) 23 3001 between 08.30 and 17.00 Monday to Friday|
|In Person||Estates & Facilities Reception, Phoenix Building North East Block|
In the event of an emergency which is out of normal working hours, please contact Security on 01274 23 6999.
Please have the following information when raising a job:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Charge Code (for rechargeable work*)
- Location of fault; Building, Floor and Room Number
- Description of work required
* Rechargeable works include stores requests, key cutting, fitting of shelves & noticeboards, additional power sockets, alterations, new furniture, new blinds/curtains and any works not deemed to be maintenance. If the work request is deemed rechargeable then a requisition with a suitable cost centre will be sought prior to issuing the job and an estimate will be provided.
Type of Work accepted by the Helpdesk:
- Lift breakdowns
- Maintenance repairs
- Furniture repairs and requests
- Key requests
- Grounds maintenance
- Blinds and curtains
- Stores requests
- Cleaning requests
- Refuse collection
- Capital Projects and alterations
- Pest control
- Driving and Chauffeuring work
Check us out on Facebook!
"to be seen as delivering professional, economic, cutting edge solutions with an enthusiastic, pro-active customer focused approach"
Report a Fault
Virtual Green Campus Tour
A-Z of Waste (what goes where?)
Estate Strategy 2015 -2025 (pdf, 2.5MB)
Service Level Agreements
Building Floor Plans
Notification of Works
Car Parking Permits
Projects Update October 2017 (pdf, 505KB), added 11/10/2017
Performance Dashboard (pdf, 453KB), added 11/10/2017
Helpdesk Statistics, updated 11/10/2017
Performance Dashboard (pdf, 378KB), added 5/10/2017
Latest News, updated 19/9/2017
Asbestos Management, updated 5/9/2017
Health and Safety Panel, updated 5/9/2017
Campus Activity Tracker (pdf, 120KB), updated 5/9/2017
Pemberton Level 0 plan (pdf, 30KB), updated 30/8/2017