A Guide to Moving Offices
Here are a few simple tips to help make office moving as easy as possible for all concerned:
- Be aware that office moves are mostly now carried out by contractors and the cost will be passed on to you.
- Try to give as much notice as possible to Ancillary Services of your proposed moving date/s. Someone from Ancillary Services will visit you and advise as to how long the job will take and when it will be possible to carry out the move.
- Boxes and packing crates are always scarce. There is a small number of crates owned by the University but usually they are hired in. In either case it is important that as soon as the move is complete you manage the collection of crates so they are not lost, stolen or left full of contents for months on end. Try to use them sparingly and sensibly.
- When packing, please remember, if you cannot lift the boxes when they are packed then it is very likely that the porters cannot lift them either. If there are any large PC boxes amongst the boxes you are given, use these for PCs or for light items such as large box files, rather than the more dense items such as books.
- It is the person/s who are moving who are responsible for ensuring that computers are dismantled and securely packed up (unless specific arrangements are made with the removals company to include this in the job).
- Large items of furniture, such as workstations, fitted bookshelves etc, sometimes require joiners to dismantle them beforehand. Likewise with notice-boards that are screwed to walls. For help with the removal of workstations, computer/IT sockets, voice sockets etc, please contact the Computer Centre Helpline on extension 3333 or email email@example.com. For large moves a joiner may be allocated for the day by the removals company.
University Joiners can be requested by contacting Estates & Facilities on extension 3001 and leaving details of the job to be carried out.
All requests for Portering Services should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone extension 3001.
Check us out on Facebook!
"to be seen as delivering professional, economic, cutting edge solutions with an enthusiastic, pro-active customer focused approach"
Report a Fault
Virtual Green Campus Tour
A-Z of Waste (what goes where?)
Estate Strategy 2015 -2025 (pdf, 2.5MB)
Service Level Agreements
Building Floor Plans
Notification of Works
Car Parking Permits
Projects Update October 2017 (pdf, 505KB), added 11/10/2017
Performance Dashboard (pdf, 453KB), added 11/10/2017
Helpdesk Statistics, updated 11/10/2017
Performance Dashboard (pdf, 378KB), added 5/10/2017
Latest News, updated 19/9/2017
Asbestos Management, updated 5/9/2017
Health and Safety Panel, updated 5/9/2017
Campus Activity Tracker (pdf, 120KB), updated 5/9/2017
Pemberton Level 0 plan (pdf, 30KB), updated 30/8/2017