- Centre for Inclusion and Diversity
- GENOVATE - Transforming Organisational Culture for Gender Equality in Reasearch and Innovation.
- Research Concordat
- Disability Service
- Counselling Service
- Human Resources
- People & Organisational Development
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Using Monitoring Data - (A Guide by Stonewall)
- Acas - Acas provides practical support and guidance to better manage equality and diversity in organisations. Excellent range or guides to equality legislations - readable and easy to follow.
- Equality Challenge Unit (ECU) - The Equality Challenge Unit is the first full-time office devoted to promoting equality and diversity in higher education.
- Diversity in Diction - This is a comprehensive Guide put together by the TUC and Unison on the appropriate use of language. Words are important - this helps raise our awareness of how to use them carefully.
- Government Equality Office
- Commission for Equality and Human Rights
- Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)
- Higher Education Statistical Agency (HESA)
- Age Positive - This website has been created by the Department of Work and Pensions to highlight issues around age and employment.
- Age Concern - The website for Age Concern leading campaigners against age discrimination.
- ACAS Guidelines on Age Regulations
All Areas of Equality
- Commission for Equality and Human Rights - This Commission came into effect on 1 October 2007. It replaces the Commission for Racial Equality, the Disability Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunities Commission. It also covers age, religion and belief, and sexual orientation, as well as promoting Human Rights.
- Dignity at Work - The Equality Challenge Unit information on Dignity at Work.
- Disability Unit - This is the website for the Disability Unit of the UK government.
- Disability World - A bimonthly web-zine of international disability news and views
- Employers Forum on Disability - Web-site containing facts and information on effective employment of disabled people for employers.
- Disability Rights Commission: See Commission for Equality and Human Rights
- Changing Faces
- Equal Opportunities Commission: See Commission for Equality and Human Rights
- Women and Equality - The Women and Equality website is a good source of statistics on women in the workplace.
- Commission for Racial Equality: See Commission for Equality and Human Rights.
- Institute for Race Relations - The Institute for Race Relations website has a quiz on race in the UK to try.
- HEFCE’s Equality and Diversity Scheme - This page links to the Equality and Diversity Scheme drawn up by the Higher Education Funding Council for England, the University’s funding body.
Rehabilitation of Ex-Offenders
- Law on the Web - A useful framework showing when offences can be considered as ‘spent’.
- The CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) provides a good background factsheet as well as a ‘Risk Assessment Form’ including guidance for weighing up risk.
- Bradford Equality Partnership
- Guardian - Gay Rights - The Guardian website is updated daily and this area focuses on gay rights - both in the workplace and outside of it.
- Stonewall - This is a successful lobbying group for gay, lesbian and bi-sexual rights. the site contains news and information on employment, legal and campaign issues.
- bbc.co.uk - Religion - The BBC website on religion is a great online resource for finding out about religious diversity in the UK.
- Interfaith Calendar - The site giving a very comprehensive overview of key Faith events.
- Press for Change - A successful group lobbying for respect and equality for all trans people. Site contains news and information on employment, legal and campaign issues. Also clear background information about this much misunderstood area.
- Gender Identity Research and Education Society (GIRES) - Well researched web site giving some in-depth information and explanation about transsexuality and research about its causes.
- Channel Four Website - Provides background information and many useful links to a range of sites, including some for support groups.
- Trade Union Congress - The website for the Trade Union Congress (TUC) has a section on finding a balance between work and outside life.