n-able: Network for Promoting Disability Equality
n-able meets regularly to discuss issues, initiatives and support within the disability agenda. We meet four times a year in an informal setting and we organise events and activities.
The group aims to:
- Raise awareness of disability;
- Discuss and address common issues or problems;
- Provide mutual support;
- Share knowledge;
- Provide a voice for disabled staff.
The strategic work of n-able feeds into the Equality and Diversity Committee and we work closely alongside other staff networks.
n-able has been consulted on various activities across the University including the Guidelines and Procedure for Supporting Disabled Staff. We contribute to the Equality Impact Assessment analysis and advise on new and updated policies and procedures across the University.
In 2015, n-able achieved "Awesome" network status and the co-chairs received the Inclusive Networks award for Network Leaders of the Year. In 2016, n-able was a key contributor and organiser of the very sucessful Diversity Festival.
Anyone can join us. You do not need to have an impairment or tell us that you are disabled. You can become a member if you have an interest in disability and would like to contribute to the disability agenda. We meet in a safe and confidential environment and welcome all opinions and beliefs.
Come and join n-able so that we can continue to have our voices heard!
If you would like to join n-able or know more about the network:
- Email: Co-chairs Gill Cockburn and Cath Rose email@example.com
- Telephone: 01274 235978
News, events and more
- n-able and related upcoming events
- Disability History Month (PDF, 793 KB)
- Readable (Accessible) documents
- Accessibility, eg accessiblity aids in Microsoft Word
- Mindful Employer
- National Association of Disabled Staff Networks
- Inclusive Networks
- Workplace mental health support service