Gender Staff Forum
The Gender Staff Forum is open to all staff and roles to raise issues relating to any gender.
We aim to:
- Provide a safe space to discuss experiences at the university relating to gender;
- Offer mutual support;
- Raise the profile of gender issues across the university;
- Challenge all forms of gender discrimination;
- Give guidance and feedback on university policy, procedures and strategy;
- Share information, ideas, practice and research.
We do not ask members to share personal issues unless they wish to. We meet in an informal and confidential environment and welcome all.
Please come and join us so that we can hear your voice and views.
Your Gender Staff Co-Chairs, Ruth Lefever and Stacey Forman, look forward to seeing you there!
If you would like to know more, please contact email@example.com.
|Wednesday 15th November||12pm – 2pm||F28, Richmond|
|Wednesday 21st February||12pm – 2pm||F28, Richmond|
|Wednesday 11th April||12pm – 2pm||F28, Richmond|
|Wednesday 20th June||12pm – 2pm||F28, Richmond|
You may also be interested in other gender activity taking place at the university. If you know of any more activities or events then please let us know.
- Genovate - Transforming Organisational Culture for Gender Equality in Reasearch and Innovation.
- Athena Swan - Managed by the Equality Challenge Unit, Athena Swan is a Charter that aims to advance the careers of women in science, engineering, medicine and mathematics.
- Academia for women: short maternity leave, few part-time roles and lower pay
- Guth, J. and Wright, F. (2009) 'Women in the Higher Education Sector' Industrial Law Journal, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp139-142