Diversity and Inclusion Facilitators Network
Diversity and Inclusion Facilitators work collaboratively with the Dean/Director of Faculty/Directorate, Professor of Diversity, the HR Director, the Equality and Diversity Manager and other School/Directorate Equality and Inclusion Facilitators on the development and implementation of the school Equality and Diversity Plan. The overall purpose of the role is to:
- support the mainstreaming and integration of equality and diversity awareness into the day to day activities of the Faculty/Directorate.
- provide assistance and advice to Dean/Director to promote equality and diversity across the Faculty/Directorate to both staff and students.
- ensure the Faculty/Directorate is aware of best practice developments in equality and diversity and of changes to relevant legislation.
- set local diversity objectives/action plan on an annual basis in conjunction with the Dean/Director.
Specific tasks associated with the role are to:
- act as the first point of contact and source of local advice on equality and diversity issues and legislation in the wider sense.
- cascade news of changes to policy and procedures, best practice and developments in equality and diversity to colleagues and students within the Faculty/Service.
- collect feedback from staff and students on equality and diversity issues for discussion at equality networks and equality and diversity committees.
- support and promote consultation with staff and students on equality and diversity initiatives.
- assist the Dean/Director of Faculty/Directorate annually to produce local diversity objectives supported by a local action plan.
- meet regularly (at least four times per year) with Dean/Director to review the Faculty’s/Directorate’s progress against objectives.
- support the Faculty/Directorate in developing local monitoring procedures including equality impact assessment and to report via Equality and Diversity Executive Group to the Equality and Diversity Committee.
- assess Faculty/Directorate equality and diversity training needs and work with the Equality and Diversity Unit to suggest/design local training and development solutions.
The network, Chaired by Professor Uduak Archibong, who is a member of the Equality and Diversity Committee, is an important forum for discussion and agreement of University-wide policies and initiatives concerning equality.
Forthcoming meeting dates for 2016 - 2017
To be confirmed.
For further information on the group, please contact: