Neurodivergent Staff Network
Neurodivergent means having a brain that functions in ways that differ significantly from the dominant societal standards of “normal.” Conditions such as Autism (including Asperger’s), ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia and Tourette’s are neurodivergent.
If you self-identify as neurodivergent you are welcome to join us. You do not need to have an official diagnosis.
The Neurodivergent Staff Network at the University of Bradford is ND-led and aims to bring neurodivergent staff together to:
- Offer each other support based on our shared experiences
- Raise awareness and increase understanding of the benefits and challenges of neurodivergent conditions in the workplace
- Increase equality, diversity and inclusion of neurodivergent staff by engaging with the University Equality and Diversity agenda
- To dispel myths and breakdown the stigmas associated with neurodivergent conditions
- Create a sense of belonging, celebrating the strengths that neurodiversity can bring
We plan to have a mixture of face-to-face meetings, and online discussions so that we can cater for different communication styles and preferences. We have started a group in Microsoft Office 365 called 'Neurodivergent Staff'.
If you are interested in joining our network, or have any general questions about the network, please email us at email@example.com
Rory Argyle and Emma Brown
Co-chairs, Neurodivergent Staff Network