Gender Staff Forum
The Gender Staff Forum is open to all staff and roles to raise awareness of issues relating to any gender.
We aim to:
- Provide a safe space to discuss experiences at the university relating to gender;
- Offer mutual support;
- Raise the profile of gender issues across the university;
- Challenge all forms of gender discrimination;
- Give guidance and feedback on university policy, procedures and strategy;
- Share information, ideas, practice and research.
We do not ask members to share personal issues unless they wish to. We meet in an informal and confidential environment and welcome all.
Please come and join us so that we can hear your voice and views.
Your Gender Staff Co-Chairs, Elaine Browne and Stacey Forman, look forward to seeing you there!
If you would like to know more, please contact email@example.com.
Upcoming meetings TBC
You may also be interested in other gender activity taking place at the university. If you know of any more activities or events then please let us know.
Genovate - Transforming Organisational Culture for Gender Equality in Reasearch and Innovation. GENOVATE is an FP7 funded action-research project coordinated by the University of Bradford. GENOVATE aims to transform organisational culture for the advancement of equality of opportunity for men and women in research and innovation. The project is based on the implementation of Gender Equality Action Plans (GEAPs) in six European universities with on-going evaluation provided by one other partner European university.
Athena SWAN - Managed by the Advance HE, Athena Swan is a Charter that aims to advance the careers of women in science, engineering, medicine and mathematics.
Aurora Leadership Programme addresses core areas associated with leadership success, including:
- Understanding organisations and the secto
- Developing leadership behaviours, skills and knowledge
- Identifying and overcoming barriers and obstacles
- Growing confidence and a leadership identity
- Building networks, coalitions and support processesAurora Leadership Programme is designed to help early career academics to consider leadership and management as routes to progression.