Equality and Diversity Executive Group
The Equality and Diversity Executive Group has disbanded. This page contains historic information relating to the work of this group.
Main responsibilities of the Equality and Diversity Executive Group (EDEG) include:
- Setting priorities for the Equality and Diversity Unit.
- Acting as a sounding board for School/Directorate equality and diversity initiatives.
- To ensure key priorities are included in the Equality and Diversity Committee (EDC) agenda.
- To inform and advise on training on equality and diversity, supporting equality and diversity competency for leaders and managers.
- Discuss any matter referred to it by EDC, and to convey its views thereon to the EDC as appropriate.
- To review and monitor University's/Planning Units' equality statistics and advise EDC on actions to be taken.
- To provide a strategic overview of the Equality Impact Assessment Analysis (EIAA) process and progress.
- Steering the Equality and Diversity Strategy (Advisory Board).
- To report on employee and student related issues.
EDEG Meeting Dates 2014 - 2015
|EDEG1||Tuesday 9th September 2014||2pm - 4pm||D42, Richmond|
|EDEG2||Monday 24th November 2014||2pm - 4pm||D2, Richmond|
|EDEG3||Tuesday 17th February 2015||2pm - 4pm||D2, Richmond|
|EDEG4||Tuesday 21st May 2015||2pm - 4pm||D2, Richmond|
Membership 2014 - 2015
Prof Uduak Archibong
|Deputy Chair of EDC||
Dr Pam Bagley
|Equality and Diversity Unit representative||
Ms Kathy Hobbs / Mr Kez Hayat
3 (1 from CS and 2 from Academic schools)
Ms Charlie Ryman
|Staff Network representation||
Prof. Yunas Samad
Ms Susan Matthews
|Strategic Planning Manager||
|Dignity and Respect Support Contact Persons||
Ms Rebecca Bradley
|Learning and Teaching representative||
Mr Sean Walton / Mr Kanja Sesay
|Research & Knowledge Transfer representative||
|Disability Service representative||
Ms Helena Jones
|HR and DIFS CS Representation||
|DIFS School Representation||
Ms Ruth Girdham
|Student Representation||Mr Jimi Oke
Ms Subira Ismail
Ms Samayya Afzal