Submissions and Publication
Types of submission
- Posters: 1 page
- Short papers: 4 pages
- Full research papers: 6 pages
- 3MT: Three Minute Thesis presentation
Papers should not exceed 6 pages for full papers or 4 pages for short papers, but this is not a strict limit, if you need more space, please contact the chairs. Research papers should not overlap with other published work. Each submitted paper should conform to the IEEE two-column publication format: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
All submissions will be reviewed by at least three members from the technical committee across the faculty.
Papers and posters should be submitted through the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aierc2022
For the Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition, instructions and registration link are provided below.
Poster formatting instructions
Posters must be submitted in pdf format. The poster may be landscape or portrait and the size of the poster should be A0 (1189 mm x 841 mm). It is recommended to initially make the poster in Powerpoint (or LaTeX) and to then save it as a pdf for submission. The top of the poster should contain the following information: Title of poster, name of student, supervisor(s) and any other co-author(s). The text should be large enough to read (recommended minimum font size of 32) and in a contrasting colour to the background. Posters should be well-structured, and easy to understand.
Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition instructions
The 5th Annual Innovative Engineering Research Conference (AIERC) presents one of the most popular competitions for PGR students: the Three-minute Thesis (3MT) Competition. We encourage all the PGR students in the Faculty of Engineering and Informatics at the University of Bradford to present and share their research ideas in a clear, concise, and convincing way to the public audience.
How to participate:
- Please register your interest in participate in the 3MT competition here>>
- Deadline for registration of interest: April 22, 2022. April 29, 2022 (extended)
- Prepare, practice, and present your thesis within 3 minutes on the conference Date
Instructions on 3MT presentation:
- The length of the presentation is no more than 3 minutes.
- Student can use a single slide (in ppt or pdf format) to support their talk during the 3MT presentation.
- Please note that the 3MT presentation targets general public audience, so non-specialist language is recommended during the talk.
- The 3MT presentation will be judged by an interdisciplinary committee based the comprehension, enthusiasm, engagement, organisation, and communication of the presentation/speaker.
All the 3MT presentations will be judged by an evaluation committee and the best video will be awarded a cash prize and a certificate from the AIERC conference.
If you have any problems or queries, please contact Dr Cuong Dao.