Dr Carlton Reeve
- Title: Head of School for Media, Design & Technology
- Email: C.Reeve@Bradford.ac.uk
- Extension: 5467
- Room No. Horton D2.13
- Qualifications: PhD in Game-based Learning (Bradford), BSc (Hons) Electronic Imaging and Media Communications (Bradford)
- Additional Role: Head of Games, Animation & Visual Effects
- Additional Role: Programme Leader for Game Design & Development
- Additional Role: Programme Leader for Graphics for Games
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/carlton
- LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/carltonreeve
- Research Groups: Communication, Culture and Media
Carlton Reeve is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Bradford and the owner and director of Play with Learning, a creative media service that helps people communicate more effectively. He splits his time between media production, research, consultancy and teaching and training in the areas of learning, games, social media and multiplatform production.
Carlton's career encompasses academia, public service broadcasting and independent media production. He has a PhD in the design, development and evaluation of game-based learning materials, 6 years' experience as a university lecturer and 14 years creating multiplatform content progressing from producer to BBC Commissioner. He has successfully delivered more than 100 websites, games and television programmes to the likes of the BBC, Open University and United Nations.
Carlton has published more than 40 research papers and regular speaks at events around the world. He uses this robust theoretical basis to help organisations develop effective and meaningful experiences online, on air and in games.