Dr Eleni Moschopoulou
- Title: Post-doctoral Research Assistant
- Email: E.Moschopoulou@Bradford.ac.uk
- Extension: 5571
- Room No. Richmond WG22D
- Qualifications: BSc (Chemistry) MSc (Polymer Science and Technology / Spectroscopy) PhD (Polymer / Material Science and Technology)
- LinkedIn: https://gr.linkedin.com/in/eleni-moschopoulou-27335abb
- Research Groups: Advanced Materials Engineering
Eleni received her PhD from the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Patras in collaboration with FORTH/ICE-HT (Laboratory of Applied Molecular Spectroscopy) in Greece. Her research was industry driven and she has dealt with the designing, preparation and characterization of carbon nanotubes/polymer-based mixed matrix membranes in order to develop breathable non-woven hospital products. Prior to that, she completed a Master at the Interdepartmental program in Polymer Science and Technology studying aliphatic/aromatic polyester blends, after her graduation from the Department of Chemistry of University of Patras.
In 2016 she completed a Post-doctoral research project on the synthesis and characterization of porous adsorbents, with physical and chemical treatment, for the removal of pollutants from waste water (FORTH/ICE-HT, Laboratory of Transport Phenomena and Porous Media).
Recently, Eleni joined the Polymer IRC group as a Post-Doctoral Research Assistant working on an Innovate UK industrial project, investigating how Graphene nanocomposites can be used to improve the properties of polypropylene filtration media.
- Aggelopoulos C.A., Moschopoulou E., Klepetsanis P.G. and Tsakiroglou C.D. (2017): "Valorization of fruit wastes (pistachio shells) as adsorbent for the removal of Zn from aqueous solutions under adverse acidic conditions " Desalination and Water Treatment , 74 174-183.
- Bounos G., Andrikopoulos K.S., Moschopoulou E., Lainioti G.C., Roilo D., Checchetto R., Ioannides T., Kallitsis J. K. and Voyiatzis G.A. (2017): "Enhancing Water Vapor Permeability in Mixed Matrix Polypropylene Membranes Through Carbon Nanotubes Dispersion" Journal of Membrane Science , 524 576-584.
- Bounos G., Andrikopoulos K.S., Moschopoulou E., Ioannides T., Kouravelou K. and Voyiatzis G.A. (2015): "Water Vapor Transport Enhancement Through Isotactic Polypropylene by Incorporating Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes" Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics, 53 11-12.
- Mikroyannidis J.A., Moschopoulou E., Anastasopoulos J.A., Stylianakis M.M., Fenenko L. and Adachi C. (2006): "Novel Blue-Greenish Electroluminescent Poly(fluorenevinylene-alt-dibenzothiophenevinylene)s and Their Model Compounds" Journal of polymer science.Part A1: Polymer chemistry, 44 6790-6800.
- Moschopoulou E., Gough T., Kelly L.A., Presvytis D., King M. and Yates M. (2017): "Mechanical, thermal and rheological properties of graphene-based polypropylene nanocomposites prepared by melt compounding", A22, Polymer Process Engineering (PPE), Bradford, UK.
- Moschopoulou E., Gough T. and Kelly L.A. (2017): "The effect of modified graphene variants on physical, mechanical and thermal properties of PP composites", S08-435, Polymer Processing Society (PPS) & Nanocarbon based composites (CNPComp2017), Dresden, Germany.
- Moschopoulou E., Bounos G., Ioannides T. and Voyiatzis G.A. (2015): "Study of differentiation of porous structure of isotactic polypropylene in order to develop breathable non-woven products", 10th Panhellenic Scientific Conference in Chemical Engineering , Patras, Greece.
- Moschopoulou E., Bounos G., Ioannides T. and Voyiatzis G.A. (2015): "Differentiation of micro/nanoporous structure of polyolefins in order to develop breathable non-woven hospital products", 1st Workshop of Graduates and Post-Docs (FORTH/ICE-HT WGP1), Patras, Greece.
- Bounos G., Moschopoulou E., Lainioti G., Andrikopoulos K.S., Ioannides T., Kallitsis J.K. and Voyiatzis G.A. (2013): "Assessment of the multi-walled carbon nanotubes dispersion in polypropylene matrix using Raman spectroscopy", European Materials Research Society (E-MRS) 2013 Fall Meeting, Warsaw, Poland.
- Moschopoulou E., Ioannides T. and Voyiatzis G.A. (2013): "Differentiation of micro/nanoporous structure of polyolefins in order to develop breathable non-woven hospital products", EUROFillers, Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Moschopoulou E., Bounos G., Ioannides T. and Voyiatzis G.A. (2013): "Differentiation of the porous structure of polyolefins towards the development of breathable non-woven fabrics", 9th Panhellenic Scientific Conference in Chemical Engineering, Athens, Greece.
- Moschopoulou E., Nochos A. and Voyiatzis G.A. (2011): "Chitosan nanoparticles incorporated Poly(ε-caprolactone)/Poly(DL-lactide) blend as a coating material for bioactive sutures with controlled release characteristics", 8th International Conference on Nanoscience & Nanotechnologies-NN11, Thessaloniki, Greece.