NTFS Nominations 2018
The University is eligible to submit up to three nominations each year. An internal nomination/selection process takes place ahead of the National Teaching Fellowship Scheme (NTFS) call. This maximises the time that selected nominees have for developing their application.
Those interested may find the following resources useful:
- Association of National Teaching Fellows blog.
- Applying for a National Teaching Fellowship this year, next year or sometime from Professor Mick Healey - Word of caution: this needs to be read with current guidance in mind as things have changed over the years.
Nominations are invited for the 2018 round of institutional nominations. Nominees must hold a level of HEA fellowship.
Each individual nomination should follow the HE Academy's NTF Guidance 2017 and include:
- Claim for National Teaching Fellowship: a statement written by the individual of how they demonstrate excellence relevant to each of the three award criteria (maximum 3500 words).
NB VC's Teaching Excellence Award Winners from 2016/17 onwards may use their claim for that plus an annotated list of any subsequent evidence mapped to the NTFS criteria.
- Signed Statement of Support from the Dean/Director or equivalent, this document should be submitted as a Word document, however can also be submitted as a scanned PDF to include the signature (maximum 1000 words).
- Brief Curriculum Vitae (maximum 1000 words).
The selection panel will consider all nominations alongside invited nominations from individuals, including institutional nominees from previous years, to form a shortlist of potential nominees.
Shortlisted nominees will be supported to further develop their claims ahead of the national call.
The selection panel will make a final selection of up to three institutional nominations.
The HE Academy have yet to release dates for the 2018 round.
- Monday 25 September 2017 – Deadline for nominations; submission by 12.00 noon to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October – Panel meets to shortlist nominees to go forward to NTFS. Deans and nominees notified of outcome.
- October onwards - Nominees further develop their claim.
- Monday 12 February 2018 – NTFS call opens for nominations.
- Friday 16 March 2018 – Nominations re-submitted for final consideration – deadline for submission 9.00 am to email@example.com.
- w/c 19 March 2018 - Panel selects three institutional nominees.
- Monday 23 April 2018 - Full and final nomination documents submitted by 12.00 noon to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday 30 April 2018 – NTFS nominations close: deadline for submission 15.00.
- w/c 23 July 2018 - nominees notified of the outcome with strict embargo.
- End of August - official announcement of award winners.
- Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Learning, Teaching & Quality);
- Two National Teaching Fellows;
- An Associate Dean (Learning & Teaching);
- Head/Rep of the Centre for Educational Development;
- UBU Academic Affairs Officer or nominated representative.