CATE Nominations 2018
The University is eligible to submit one nomination. An internal nomination/selection process takes place ahead of the CATE call. This maximises the time that the selected team has for developing their nomination.
- Claim for Collaborative Teaching Award: a statement written by the team on how they demonstrate excellence relevant to award criteria (maximum 1000 words).
- Supporting Evidence: Two pieces of evidence demonstrating how the collaborative work has impacted on the student learning (maximum 500 words each).
- Dissemination and Impact Plan: a written plan by the team on how they disseminate excellence relevant to award criteria two (maximum 2000 words).
- Signed statement of support from the Dean/Director or equivalent, this document should be submitted as a Word document, however, can also be submitted as a scanned PDF to include the signature (maximum 1000 words).
The selection panel will consider all nominations alongside invited nominations from teams, including institutional nominees from previous years, to form a shortlist of potential nominees. The shortlist of potential nominees will then be supported to further develop their claims from which the selection panel will select one institutional nomination.
The HE Academy has not yet released dates of the 2018 round.
- Monday 25 September 2017 – Deadline for nominations from Deans/Directors; submission by 12.00 noon to email@example.com.
- October – Panel meets to shortlist nominees to go forward to CATE. Deans and selected nominees notified of outcome.
- TBC – CATE call for nominations opens.
- TBC – Deadline for re-submission of full drafts for consideration by selected members of the panel and final nomination made – deadline for submission 12.00 noon to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TBC – Final nomination documents submitted for final consideration – deadline for submission 12.00 noon to email@example.com.
- TBC – CATE nominations close – deadline for submission 12.00 noon.
- TBC - nominees notified of outcome with strict embargo re sharing results.
- TBC - official announcement of CATE winners.
- Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Learning, Teaching & Quality);
- Two National Teaching Fellows;
- An Associate Dean (Learning & Teaching);
- Head/Rep of the Centre for Educational Development;
- UBU Academic Affairs Officer or nominated representative.