Higher Education Academy Professional Recognition
The Higher Education Academy, to which the University of Bradford subscribes, offers a professional recognition scheme that is closely referenced to the sector-owned UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF).
There are four descriptor levels of professional identity for higher education practitioners, including the entitlement to use post-nominal letters. The links below take you to the Academy's web site and provide details of the requirements and guidance for applying direct to the Academy via an individual route for which there are associated costs:
- D1 - Associate Fellow (AFHEA);
- D2 - Fellow (FHEA);
- D3 - Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA);
- D4 - Principal Fellow (PFHEA).
Fellowship routes available at the University of Bradford
The University of Bradford offers two routes to HEA Fellowship for which there are no direct costs to the individual; new staff should refer to the IPD Flowchart for guidance on the most appropriate for you:
- PGCert Higher Education Practice & other academic provision - The sixty credit Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Practice offered by the Centre for Educational Development is accredited by the Academy for D2 Fellow status and the 20 credit module Learning & Teaching in Higher Education is accredited by the Academy for D1 Associate Fellow status.
- Learning & Teaching Professional Development & Recognition Scheme - Offers non-probationary, experienced staff involved in teaching and the support of learning a framework for developing and recognising learning and teaching expertise, including professional recognition against UKPSF, leading to Associate/Fellowships/Senior Fellowship/Principal Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.