Transforming the Teaching Landscape
Thursday 8 June 2017 - 9.15 am to 4.30 pm
Last year saw the highly successful launch of our annual conference that brings together learning, teaching and research. Much has happened in the intervening twelve months; we have:
- seen the release of our new learning and teaching strategy;
- made great progress with the Bradford Excellence Programme and its associated work streams;
- have made our first institutional submission to the Teaching Excellence Framework;
- and prepared for the newly designed National Student Survey.
All are transforming the teaching landscape; all require greater integration between research and teaching; all have implications for guaranteeing our individual teaching practice fits comfortably within that landscape; all demand that we support the aspirations and achievement of our students in the very best ways possible.
Through presentations, networking and scholarly discussion, this conference will challenge us to think about teaching in new ways and provide space to help us explore how we can incorporate them into our own practice.
We are delighted to announce that our keynote speakers are:
- Prof Tansy Jessop – National Teaching Fellow 2016 and Professor of Research Informed Teaching, Southampton Solent University.
- Dr Helen Walkington – National Teaching Fellow 2009 and Principal Lecturer in Geography at Oxford Brookes University.