DCM™ for Realising Person Centred Care
DCM™ for Realising Person Centred Care - a course to equip you to use Dementia Care Mapping™ within your organisation to recognise positive care practices as well as to faciltiate changes in practice where this is required.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand person centred dementia care, and its application in practice
- Describe the psychological needs of people with dementia, and ways to meet them
- Use DCM™ to assess and make recommendations for the realisation of person centred dementia care
- Brief colleagues on the use of DCM™
The course covers:
- The underlying philosophy of person-centred care
- The four coding frames used in Dementia Care Mapping™
- The rules governing coding, processing of the data and practical issues around briefing and feeding back to care staff
NEW: Dementia Care MappingTM for Realising Person Centred Care courses delivered online
We are now offering our award winning Dementia Care Mapping™ for Realising Person Centred Care training online using a range of different methods to support your learning including live tutorials on Zoom and self-directed learning using videos, quizzes, reading and discussion forums on our virtual learning environment, Canvas.
The next course will commence on the 3rd May 2021 and we are now taking bookings for this course. The structure of this course is:
- Week commencing 03/05/20201 – self-directed learning (1.5 hours), watching videos online and making introductions on our virtual learning environment
- Week commencing 10/05/2021 – 2 x 4.5 hour zoom tutorials (11h and 12th 9:00-13:30) and 4.5 hours self-directed learning in your own time
- Week commencing 17/05/2021 – 2 x 4.5 hour zoom tutorials (18th and 19th 9:00-13:30) and 4.5 hours self-directed learning in your own time
- Week commencing 24/05/2021 – 1 x 4.5 hour zoom tutorial (25th 9:00-13:30) with 6-8 hours self-directed learning to complete some Mapping before the final tutorial
- Week commencing 19/07/2021 – 1 x 4.5 hour zoom tutorial (20th 9:00-13:30)
The cost of the course is £975 per person and includes all online and hard copy training materials; access to our University online learning platform including our online library services; support from our expert Dementia Care Mapping™ trainers for the duration of the course; and a certificate of completion.
If you would like to book a place on the course, please complete the below booking form
DCM™ Online Course Booking Form May 2021
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact our team.
If we all implement this, then the world for people living with dementia will improve. The whole four days has been a wonderful experience and one that will continue in my DCM™ mapping in the future. Both trainers worked well together to deliver excellent sessions to everyone’s needs. One of the best, most useful courses I have attended in a long time. Both enjoyable and very informative. The course is first class, quality and thorough. Loved it. Making Space
DCM™ for Realising Person Centred Care: Refresher Day
This workshop is designed for people who have completed a course in DCM for Realising Person Centred Care (Version 8) but who feel that they need a refresher on the DCM tool and process.
During the course the following topics will be covered:
- The DCM cycle
- The four coding frames
- Operational rules
- Feeding back mapping data