DCM™ for Realising Person Centred Care
A four day course which equips you to use Dementia Care Mapping™ within your organisation.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand person centred dementia care, and its application in practice
- Describe the psychological needs of people with dementia, and ways to meet them
- Use DCM™ to assess and make recommendations for the realisation of person centred dementia care
- Brief colleagues on the use of DCM™
The course covers:
- The underlying philosophy of person-centred care
- The four coding frames used in Dementia Care Mapping™
- The rules governing coding, processing of the data and practical issues around briefing and feeding back to care staff
Next DCM™ for Realising Person Centred Care course dates
Tuesday 15th – Friday 18th September 2020 (Bradford)
Monday 23rd November – Thursday 26th November 2020 (London)
Care providers can also commission this training for in-house delivery to staff in their organisation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about commissioning a course.
Those successfully completing the course receive a University of Bradford certificate recording their status as a Basic User of Dementia Care Mapping™. The course can be included as part of measures to fulfil the ambitions of the National Dementia Strategy.
Booking Form Sept 2020 Bradford
Booking Form November 2020 London
If we all implement this, then the world for people living with dementia will improve. The whole four days has been a wonderful experience and one that will continue in my DCM™ mapping in the future. Both trainers worked well together to deliver excellent sessions to everyone’s needs. One of the best, most useful courses I have attended in a long time. Both enjoyable and very informative. The course is first class, quality and thorough. Loved it. Making Space
DCM™ for Realising Person Centred Care: Refresher Day
This one day workshop is designed for people who have completed a course in DCM for Realising Person Centred Care (Version 8) but who feel that they need a refresher on the DCM tool and process.
During the course the following topics will be covered:
- The DCM cycle
- The four coding frames
- Operational rules
- Feeding back mapping data
There will be practical exercises to complete during the workshop to help you to update your Mapping skills. There will also be an opportunity to ask any questions you might have about any element of Mapping.
Please contact us to know more about the next Refresher Day.