Cancelled training courses
The following courses have been cancelled:
- Person-centred assessment, diagnosis and post-diagnostic support for people affected by dementia, Bradford, 3 May 2020 and 26 May 2020
New dates will be released as soon as possible.
- DCM™ for Realising Person-Centred Care course, Tuesday 12th May – Friday 15th May 2020 (Bradford)
We suggest that all students registered to attend the DCM™ for Realising Person-Centred Care course schedule in Bradford in May transfer to the course scheduled in Bradford in September (15-18) or London in November (23- 26), where possible.
Courses currently unchanged
The following courses currently remain in place pending review. Please check back for updates.
- DCM™ for Realising Person-Centred Care course, Tuesday 15 September-Friday 18 September 2020, Heaton Mount, Bradford
- DCM™ for Realising Person-Centred Care course, Monday 23 November-Thursday 26 November 2020, London
We deliver a range of person-centred care training courses, ranging from on-demand face-to face and cascade training, dementia care mapping DCM™) for leading practice change and realising person-centred care, and training in the Short Observational Framework for Inspection (SOFI 2). We can also explore designing bespoke training in areas where we don't already have an offering.
Our customers include:
- primary care
- acute hospital trusts
- large and small care home organisations
- domiciliary care services
Short Observational Framework for Inspection (SOFI 2)
SOFI is a tool developed between the Centre for Applied Dementia Studies and CQC and is used by CQC inspectors to capture the experiences of people who use services who may not be able to express this for themselves.Find out more
"Made me hungry to learn more about DCM and reinforced that I am on the right journey in the care I give" "Very supportive; always open for suggestions; knowledgeable about procedures" "Lots of knowledge – could respond to everyone’s questions instantly!" "I feel really passionate about putting DCM into practice" "Really enjoyed the training and new learning. Gave me a new language" DCM participants