SSPRD Framework for Flexible Learning
At the Faculty of Health Studies, University of Bradford, you can choose to study for individual modules, a named award or build module credits through the SSPRD Framework for Flexible Learning to achieve an award relevant to your professional needs.
The Framework for Flexible Learning in Health and Social Care is a Faculty-wide academic structure for Specialist Skills and Post-Registration Development.
It offers students increased flexibility and choice in the modules and courses that can be undertaken and it is also responsive to employer needs.
The flexibility also allows you to move from one award to another if your career changes or you take time out from regular studying.
Shared teaching and research expertise from across the Faculty is offered through interdisciplinary teaching across our core research modules.
The Faculty of Health Studies is regionally, nationally and internationally recognised for its teaching and research, and works with a number of healthcare partners to ensure clinical excellence.
Learning and assessment
Skills and competencies covered
- Development of understanding of subject specific principles for anatomical examination and assessments with associated theories in the specified client group
- Clinical skills in assessment will be developed in order to undertake safe assessment, with the ability to demonstrate higher level clinical reasoning and appropriate problem solving
- A 2500 words case study / audit
- A clinical logbook containing bespoke competencies to be achieved
- A short OSCE (objective simulated clinical examination)