Civil and Structural Engineering
Civil and Structural Engineering is the conception, design, construction and maintenance of the built environment.
This includes all our major buildings, transportation systems, water supply and wastewater disposal systems, and all the infrastructure associated with power generation and distribution.
Our courses will prepare you for a profession which creates the very fabric of our society.
At a glance
- We are in the top 29 universities in the UK for Civil Engineering
- We offer the BEng course (3 or 4-years) and MEng course (4 or 5-years.)
- Our courses are professionally accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) which includes the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE), The Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT) and The Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE).
- Our specialist Civil Engineering Advisory Board also helps to ensure our courses are in tune with the needs of the construction industry.
- Courses are designed for those wishing to become Chartered Engineers.
- Study core Civil Engineering disciplines such as Structural, Materials, Geotechnical, Water and Environmental Engineering.
- MEng level adds an additional depth of study across the full spectrum of Civil Engineering, including further individual project work and a strong emphasis on management issues.
- An optional year of industrial training is available following the second year of studies (BEng and MEng).
- We also offer an MSc in Advanced Civil and Structural Engineering, also accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators.
The University of Bradford wants its students to succeed and produce phenomenal pieces of work. You are challenged at every level, always leaving you with more and more to discover. My supervisor has always pushed me constantly to produce solid, game changing work. - Tarek Taha, PhD student
Studying my bachelors and masters in Civil and Structural Engineering at the University of Bradford has truly been an incredible experience. I have definitely come a long way and for that I am grateful to the amazing lecturers who have supported, inspired and encouraged me throughout the 4 years. - Aneeqa Akksar, MEng Civil and Structural Engineering