Programme Development and Approval Documentation
Programme Teams are required to provide a range of documents to help ensure that all programmes are delivered according to a formally approved specification; that students have accurate and comprehensive information about their programme of study, that they will meet fully the expectations of the UK Quality Code and operate successfully on a day to day basis.
Guidance about the documentation required is available from the Academic Quality Officers.
The documentation should include:
- The Phase 1 submission
- Full list of programmes and awards, including contained and/or ‘fall-back’ awards.
- Demonstrable links to University Strategy and Faculty Plan.
- Contextual statement about how the programme has been developed.
- Impact on existing programmes
- External reference points such as FHEQ (external website), QAA Subject Benchmarks (external website), UK Quality Code (external website) and the Higher Education Credit Framework for England (external website).
- Learning, teaching and assessment strategy
- How the programme aligns with the Curriculum Framework
- Equality Impact Assessment
- Student support arrangements
- PSRB information and requirements, and how these are met.
- Programme management and quality assurance arrangements
- Programme Specification
- Curriculum Maps
- Module descriptors and reading lists
- Programme Handbook
- Any waiver requests
- Programme approval checklist signed by Chair of Faculty Board