Programme Design, Development and Approval Overview
The University approach to programme design, development and approval places an increased emphasis on the design and development phase. This includes the introduction of a series of development workshops, including a mandatory programme design and development workshop at the start of the design and development phase.
The programme design, development and approval requirements are designed to ensure that:
- the student voice is reflected as appropriate
- there are appropriate aims and learning outcomes
- the themes and principles of the Curriculum Framework are incorporated
- there is structure, content and learning and assessment strategy is appropriate to the aims and learning outcomes
- all students have the opportunity to achieve the aims and learning outcomes, and maximise their academic, personal and professional potential
- they are designed to maximise attainment for all students and promote opportunities for students with disabilities.
Further information is available in the Programme Design and Development Handbook produced by the Centre for Educational Development.