Identity checks for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) applications
As the University is currently closed, ID verification for DBS applications is taking place via video call.
The process is as follows:
How do I complete the face-to-face ID check as part of my DBS application?
- Complete the Atlantic Data application form online as normal.
- ID verification - email copies of the three ID documents that you have selected in your application to MyBradford@bradford.ac.uk with details of your email address and telephone number.
- You will be contacted by a member of staff from the MyBradford Team via telephone to arrange a date and time for a video call through Skype.
- You will then be sent a meeting request via Skype, this will come into your email as a calendar invite, please accept this invitation. At the time of the meeting, please click Join Skype Meeting. It may ask you to download the Skype for Business app at this stage, if prompted to do so please download.
- Alternatively, you can download Skype prior to this by going to https://www.skype.com/get-skype/
- Once downloaded, join the meeting as a guest – it will prompt you to add your name and wait in the lobby. The staff member will then invite you into the meeting to carry out the DBS ID verification.
- Please ensure that your video is on.
- Please ensure that you have the originals of the three documents to hand for the video call and present these to the caller when asked.
- Once the University has reopened, you must bring these three original documents to one of the MyBradford desks for final verification. You will be contacted again when this can be completed.