Applicant Experience Days
If you receive an offer from us, you may also be invited to a Virtual Applicant Experience Day.
These events are designed exclusively for offer holders, and will give you a greater insight into what it would be like to study on your chosen course here at the University of Bradford.
You'll have opportunities to quiz your future academics about your course and learn what you'll be doing day-to-day. It is the perfect opportunity to help you decide whether Bradford is right for you.
Our Virtual Applicant Experience Days are hosted via Zoom and take place on Wednesdays (16:30-20:00) and Saturdays (10:00-13:30). Check your email for more information about the upcoming dates and to book your place.
The days are split into three hour-long sessions for applicants and a 30-minute workshop for parents and carers.
Our next Applicant Experience Day is taking place on Wednesday 19 May, 16:30 - 20:00.
This session includes an academic presentation and you will also have the chance to ask questions to our academics and student ambassadors.
The presentation will cover a range of topics, including:
- Course content
- Module outlines and learning outcomes
- A week in the life of a student
- Assessment methods
- Information about placements and links with business and industry partners
- Career outcomes and options
During this hour, you will have the opportunity to visit the Zoom rooms below. All of our sessions are live and give you the chance to have any questions that you may have answered:
- Fees and Finance
- Admissions - here you can find out all you need to know about the admissions process. Ask our expert admissions panel any questions you have, from questions regarding confirming your place, to considering the offer of an alternative course.
- A live Student Life and Support Session - this is facilitated by Nikki Pearce, Director of Student and Academic Services, and will give you the opportunity to hear more about studying at Bradford and the support available. Nikki will be joined by one of our Students' Union Sabbatical Officers who will tell you about the Students' Union and its role in your student life.
- A live Careers and Employability session - delivered by University of Bradford Alumni and facilitated by the Recruitment & Outreach Team
- Explore other content on the portal
Transitioning to University
During this hour, you will be able to choose one of three sessions delivered by the Recruitment & Outreach team:
- Adult Learner Session
- Schools and Colleges Session
Parents and Carers Workshop
At this session, you will be provided with a range of information on topics including:
- Student finance
- Transitioning to university
- Support for students with learning disabilities
You will be able to have your questions answered by our experts and will leave with all the information you need to best support your child throughout the university application process. Our panel will include a panel of parents of current students who can provide their real-life insight for any questions you may have.
We hope you enjoy your Virtual Applicant Experience Day - we're looking forward to welcoming you onto campus when it is safe to do so.
Applicant Experience Days are one of the events which count towards the University of Bradford Progression Scheme.
If you are taking part in the scheme, you will find the associated task that you need to complete on the Applicant Experience Day portal. You will also receive a follow-up email with information about the task.
Some subjects do not hold Applicant Experience Days as they conduct interviews before giving an offer instead. If the department you have applied to conducts individual interviews, you’ll receive an email invite with all the details you need. Following your interview session, we’ll contact you with an offer providing your interview is successful.
This is Bradford
You can become the very best version of yourself at the University of Bradford. It’s a place where amazing things happen.
This is a place you can belong.
Come and experience it for yourself.