Graduates of the University of Bradford belong to an international community of more than 135,000 alumni spanning over 175 countries. This incredible network, the Bradford Alumni Association, represents a powerful force for the good of the University and for alumni.
The AA (Alumni Association), here to support and inspire you socially and professionally, is led by an elected chair and a group of committed alumni volunteers, forming an Executive Committee which provides a voice for the Bradford alumni community whilst promoting ongoing connections between graduates, and with the University.
We support the University’s Alumni Office to maintain contact with alumni, to organise events and activities, and to promote opportunities for Braduates to remain engaged and be part of the University’s success. We warmly encourage you to keep in touch with your alma mater by updating your details on the Bradford Connect Alumni Portal.
Annual General Meeting
The 2019 AGM and Annual Lecture was held at the University on Saturday 26 January.
A summary of the meeting and photos can be found here.
A date for the next AGM, to be held in 2020, will be confirmed in the near future.
At the last Alumni Association AGM, held on Saturday 20 January 2018, a new Executive Committee was formed. This included a new Chair and four new elected members. The Executive Committee works closely with the Alumni and Development Office and University, offering advice and guidance to ensure the effective development of services and engagement programmes for all alumni of the University.
Executive Committee Members:
- Chair - Terry Carroll, BSc Business Studies 1970 - (2020)
- Secretary - Michael Bell, BTECH Electrical and Electronic Engineering 1968 - (2019)
- Jawahar Dhutia, BSc Mathematical Sciences 1979 - (2019)
- Dr Nasim Hasnie, MSc Race Relations and Community Studies 1991 - (2019)
- Iskren Ivanov, BA Graphics for Games 2016 - (2020)
- Emma Jones, Development and Peace Studies BA (Hons) 2013 - (2020)
- Felix Kankwamba, BA (Hons) Politics & Peace Studies 2013; MA Media Studies 2014 - (2020)
- Peter Lunio, MBA 1989 - (2019)
- James Robertson-Dunn, BTech Hons Civil & Structural Engineering 1973; MSc Transportation 1978 - (2021)
- Penelope Rossiter, BA Modern Languages 1975 - (2019)
- Thomas Whitford-Bartle, BSc Psychology 2015 - (2020)
- Gordon Wills, BEng Electrical & Electronic Engineering 1989 - (2019)
- Jonaid Khan, BA Combined Studies 2010; MBA 2018 (Alumni Office Representative)
- Faiz Ilyas, MEng Civil and Structural Engineering (Students' Union Representative)
Minutes of the last Executive Committee Meeting
Contact the Executive Committee
Alumni Association, University of Bradford, Richmond Road, Bradford, BD7 1DP
Telephone: +44(0) 1274 23 3086
We look forward to hearing from you about your successes, suggestions, and queries, and working together to secure the continued advancement of alumni engagement and the University of Bradford.