Graduates of the University of Bradford belong to an international community of more than 135,000 alumni spanning over 175 countries. This incredible network, the Bradford Alumni Association, represents a powerful force for the good of the University and for alumni.
The AA (Alumni Association), here to support and inspire you socially and professionally, is led by an elected chair and a group of committed alumni volunteers, forming an Executive Committee which provides a voice for the Bradford alumni community whilst promoting ongoing connections between graduates, and with the University.
We support the University’s Alumni Office to maintain contact with alumni, to organise events and activities, and to promote opportunities for Braduates to remain engaged and be part of the University’s success. We warmly encourage you to keep in touch with your alma mater by updating your details on the Bradford Connect Alumni Portal.
Annual General Meeting
The 2019 Alumni Association AGM was held at the University on Saturday 26 January
More than 70 alumni attended the AGM, travelling from different parts of the UK and overseas including from China, Ghana, Kuwait and Nigeria.
A summary of the meeting and photos can be found here.
A date for the next AGM, to be held in 2020, will be confirmed in the near future.
The Executive Committee works closely with the Alumni Office and University, offering advice and guidance to ensure the effective development of services and engagement programmes for alumni of the University. The Committee comprises both elected and co-opted members.
- Chair - Terry Carroll, BSc Business Studies 1970 - (2020)
- Secretary - Michael Bell, BTECH Electrical and Electronic Engineering 1968 - (2019)
- Jawahar Dhutia, BSc Mathematical Sciences 1979 - (2019)
- Dr Nasim Hasnie, MSc Race Relations and Community Studies 1991 - (2019)
- Iskren Ivanov, BA Graphics for Games 2016 - (2020)
- Emma Jones, BA (Hons) Development and Peace Studies 2013 - (2020)
- Felix Kankwamba, BA (Hons) Politics & Peace Studies 2013; MA Media Studies 2014 - (2020)
- Peter Lunio, MBA 1989 - (2019)
- James Robertson-Dunn, BTech Hons Civil & Structural Engineering 1973; MSc Transportation 1978 - (2021)
- Penelope Rossiter, BA Modern Languages 1975 - (2019)
- Thomas Whitford-Bartle, BSc Psychology 2015 - (2020)
- Gordon Wills, BEng Electrical & Electronic Engineering 1989 - (2019)
- Hannah Cummins, MA Marketing and Management 2004
- Sarah Dixon, BA Modern Languages (German and Russian) 1975
- Faiz Ilyas, MEng Civil and Structural Engineering (Students' Union Representative)
- Jonaid Khan, BA Combined Studies 2010; MBA 2018 (Alumni Office Representative)
- Zahra Niazi, BA Interdisciplinary Human Studies 2001
Minutes of the last Executive Committee Meeting
Contact the Executive Committee
Alumni Association, University of Bradford, Richmond Road, Bradford, BD7 1DP
Telephone: +44(0) 1274 23 3086
We look forward to hearing from you about your successes, suggestions, and queries, and working together to secure the continued advancement of alumni engagement and the University of Bradford.
The Vice-Chancellor has set out a captivating vision for the University. I am excited that we will be working through the Alumni Association, in partnership with Professor Cantor's team, drawing on the wealth of experience of our members, to support this vision for the future benefit of all. Terry Carroll, Chair, Alumni Association