Awards for Outstanding Achievement
We are pleased to announce the results of the third Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Outstanding Achievement 2017.
The assessment panel reviewed 49 nominations submitted by students and staff covering all four of our strategic objectives: Excellence; Internationalisation; Equality & Diversity; and Sustainability.
There was a strong field of nominations this year, both from students and staff highlighting the variety of great initiatives going on around the University.
We have awarded 20 Outstanding Achievement awards and 10 Commendations which the panel felt best demonstrated the contribution our students and staff make to the life of the University and our strategic objectives.
The 2017 winners of Vice-Chancellors Awards for Outstanding Achievement are:
- U Project team - Outstanding contribution to the U Project scheme
- Institute of Cancer Therapeutics team - Outstanding contribution to research - 'crocus smart bomb'
- Visa Support team - For reducing the University's visa refusal rate
- GENOVATE team - Outstanding contribution to the GENOVATE project
- Midwifery Society - Delivery of the Understanding Baby loss and Bereavement Support conference
- UK-China Employability & Innovation team - Development of new opportunities for students
- Engineering and Process Excellence team - Development of partnership with Jaguar Land Rover
- Alcohol Impact team - Achieving Alcohol Impact Accreditation for the University.
- Wolfson Foundation Grant team - Achievement of a successful bid to the Wolfson Foundation.
- Paramedic Science team - An outstanding new course Paramedic Science
- Physiotherapy team - Continued excellence to sustain NSS satisfaction scores
- Forensic Division team - Excellence in teaching and student support
- Operational Finance Income teams - Excellent service to international students as part of the International Student Barometer survey
- External Affairs BEP team - Outstanding work on the External Affairs BEP programme
- WiFi team - Delivering sector leading Wi-Fi to University of Bradford
- Georgina Bache - Leadership in the delivery of the inaugural World Technology Universities Congress
- Zainab Garba-Sani – Outstanding contribution to volunteering within the Students' Union
- Kim Selby - Promotion of research and understanding of personal wellbeing of staff and students
- Tanner Gibbins-Klein - Providing Trans Healthcare Training
- Caroline Priestley - Outstanding work with Adult Learners
Commendations were awarded to:
- James Boyne - Excellence in research lead teaching and sustainability.
- Susan Shergill - Support of the University's Plastic Surgery and Burns Research Unit
- Afshin Shahi - Ensuring a significant external profile for your work and the University of Bradford.
- Julie Bond – Excellent work in the Archaeology Department and the Vikings in the North Atlantic module
- Mei-Na Liao – Excellent work on the international sustainability summer school
- Beth Stanfield – Excellent commitment to University Sports Clubs and Team Bradford.
- Lorna Quinn – Excellent society and committee representation
- Marketing Communications – Excellent contribution to the Outbound Calling Centre initiative
- Joseph Dwyer-Moore & Nicole Burton – Excellence in commitment to the peer learning process
- Dean Wood & Steven Guest– Excellent contribution to the security provision
Find out more about the Award Winners 2017.