We are delighted to announce the results of the second Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Outstanding Achievement.
The assessment panel reviewed 59 nominations submitted by students and staff covering all four of our strategic objectives: Excellence; Internationalisation; Equality & Diversity; and Sustainability.
There was a very strong and varied field of nominations this year, and the panel was impressed by the quality of the submissions.
We have awarded 12 Outstanding Achievement awards and 7 Commendations which the panel felt best demonstrated the contribution our students and staff make to the life of the University and our strategic objectives.
The 2016 winners of Vice-Chancellors Awards for Outstanding Achievement are:
- Jacqui Holgate - Outstanding work on embedding governance review into practice and process
- Karan Aswani - Achievement of a Duke of York Young Entrepreneur Award 2016
- Lijun Shang - Building international links with Sichuan University in China
- Project SEARCH team - Outstanding work on the Project SEARCH initiative
- Diversity Festival team - Delivery of the first Diversity Festival
- UK Recruitment team - Outstanding promotion of the University
- Events and Partnerships team - Outstanding delivery of the University's 50th anniversary events
- Centre for Skin Sciences team - Outstanding research team
- Outside Broadcast team - Development of a new partnership with the BBC
- School of Dementia Studies team - Developing the Bradford Dementia Care Mapping (DCMTM) tool.
- Chevening Scholars team - Supporting the Chevening Scholarship international award scheme
- Theoretical Archaeology Group Conference team - Organisation of the Theoretical Archaeology Group Conference
Commendations were awarded to:
- Ben Tongue - Gaining Eco Campus Platinum and IS0 14001 accreditation
- Christopher Gaffney - Outstanding leadership skills
- Daniel Batchelor - Implementation of the Student Representation System
- Service User and Carer Involvement Group - Outstanding support to students
- Physiotherapy Programme team - Outstanding support to students
- School of Service Development and Improvement team - Outstanding contribution to Masters programmes
- Bradford Association of Pharmacy Students - Outstanding support to students