Decolonising Social Life
Module code: SAC4022-B
This module places emphasis upon the application of social concepts and theories for the purposes of academic inquiry, research and practice. It aims to:
Download the PDF for Decolonising Social Life
- Demonstrate the uses of theory in the context of social inquiry, research and reflexive theorization about social issues and problems.
- Describe dominant ways of thinking about the social world and explain the role of methodological traditions in the process of knowledge production.
- Facilitate understanding through research and the practical application of academic skills.
- Develop learners' reflexive understanding of social theory through complementary and/or contemporary conceptualizations of the social.
- Support experiential knowing of the social world through the concept of the Sociological Imagination.
- Provide an introduction to some of the ways in which social scientists/researchers work with participatory and community engagement practices to address public issues and problems.