MBA (Executive MBA in Dubai)
Attendance mode: Part-time
Start date: September or April
Faculty of Management & Law
Our Executive MBA in Dubai is one of the first and most highly regarded in the UAE, fast-tracking the careers of many of the region’s leading business professionals since it was first established in 1996.
Studied part-time over two years, the programme is aimed at ambitious managers who want to study while they work.
A flexible structure of three-day block weekend teaching every four - six weeks, and supported by distance learning, allows you to plan your study effectively and minimise any disruption to work.
Taught by our international fly-in faculty, the programme is delivered at the first-class educational facilities of Dubai Knowledge Village.
We are proud to be in an elite group of business schools (less than 1% in the world) to hold the triple accreditations of Equis, AMBA and AACSB, often referred to as the "Triple Crown".
Financial Times rankings for the School of Management:
- Ranked 16th in the UK and 58th in Europe in the European Business School rankings 2014
- MBA ranked 34th in Europe in the European MBA rankings
- Distance Learning MBA ranked 8th in the world and 3rd in the UK in Online MBA rankings
- Ranked 1st in the world for career progression and 2nd in the world for value for money
- We're 7th in UK and 61st in the World in FT Masters in Management Ranking 2015
Additional entry requirements:
All applications are considered on their individual merits and will be assessed using a collective approach, which takes into account professional status and work experience as well as academic achievement.
Candidates must have at least three years’ postgraduate work experience, which can be from any industry, including both private and public sectors, and charitable organisations.
Academic and professional achievements
You should have a good first degree awarded by a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a relevant professional qualification. If you do not have a first degree or professional qualifications you will need to demonstrate significant management or business leadership experience (normally eight years). We will also consider an academic recommendation based on interview.
Numeracy and literacy competencies
We will require evidence of numeracy and literacy competencies, and you will be required to complete an authorised online aptitude test such as the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or School equivalent: The Bradford Test.
English language requirements:
- IELTS: 6.5 overall, with no sub-test less than 5.5; or
- Internet-based TOEFL:
- For EU, non-UK applicants: 94 overall, with minimum scores of: Listening – 17, Reading – 18, Speaking 20, Writing – 17
- For International, non-UK/EU, applicants (UKBA requirement): 94 overall, with minimum scores of: Listening – 21, Reading – 22, Speaking – 23, Writing – 21; or
- PTE-A (Pearson Test of English Academic): 60 overall, with no sub-test less than 51
Language Support and Courses — for international students wishing to improve their English.
Home Office UK Border Agency — for information on visas and immigration for international students.
This is the current module information. Modules may change, subject to the University's programme approval, monitoring and review procedures.
- Induction and Personal Development Portfolio
- Business accounting
- Business economics
- Business research
- Corporate finance
- Managing people
- Operations management
- Strategic management
- Management and Professional Development
- Business Ethics and Sustainability
- Business simulation
- Capital markets and investment management
- Consumer behaviour
- Corporate marketing
- Corporate social responsibility
- Financial risk management in European banking
- Global supply chain management
- International business in emerging economies
- International business strategy
- International financial management
- Innovation and intellectual property
- Management of change
- Management consulting
- Management information systems
- Managerial leadership
- Marketing communications
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Project management
- Services Marketing
- Sustainable operations
The management project is an integral part of the Bradford MBA and is often the most challenging and rewarding part of the programme. At the end of the taught programme you put into practice what you have learnt by investigating and reporting on an important management issue or opportunity. If you are sponsored by your employer, the project can relate to your workplace. Otherwise, you may choose to use the project to deepen your knowledge of a different sector or organisation, or as a stepping stone to your next job. The project findings and recommendations are then written up in a 15,000-word dissertation.
Throughout the project you will be guided by an experienced academic and you will have access to the School of Management Effective Learning department. The Effective Learning service often proves to be very useful providing students with a clear understanding and guidelines on what is required in order to successfully complete their project.
Learning activities and assessment
All our MBA programmes are made up of three stages
- Core modules – designed to help you get back in to learning and provide fundamental knowledge of management principles and theory
- Elective modules – provide an in-depth understanding of specialist topics that are essential and relevant to the contemporary commercial world. Students choose those that are of most interest or greatest career benefit
- Management project – enables you to put the knowledge and skills gained throughout the programme to practical use on a relevant management issue
We use a variety of learning and teaching approaches, including lectures, case analysis, group work, individual and group problem solving research. Assessment is by a combination of written examinations, assignments, group projects and presentations.
Career support and prospects
The University is committed to helping students develop and enhance employability and this is an integral part of many programmes. Specialist support is available throughout the course from Career Development Services including graduate vacancies. Students are encouraged to access this support at an early stage and to use the extensive resources on the web site www.careers.brad.ac.uk.
Discussing options with specialist advisers helps to clarify plans through exploring options and refining skills of job-hunting. In most of our programmes there is direct input by Career Development Advisers into the curriculum or through specially arranged workshops.
Additionally, the School of Management has its own dedicated careers team, with support including:
- One-to-one support
- Careers workshops
- Opportunities to meet employers and recruiters
- Online resources
- Job opportunities
An MBA is an opportunity to either change career direction or consolidate experience then return and progress in a previous industry or job. The Financial Times Global MBA rankings show that, on average, 20% of alumni achieve board-level positions within three years of graduation.
On completion of the programme participants go into a wide variety of functions and sectors, including IT/Telecoms, Finance & Banking and Industry being amongst the most popular.
Fees, Finance and Scholarships
The 2015/16 fee for the Executive MBA in Dubai is £18,500.
The School of Management offers a number of scholarships to MBA students from anywhere in the world to help fund tuition fees.
Please note that where candidates are eligible for more than one scholarship they will be offered the one of highest value.
Self-funded University of Bradford alumni applying to study any Bradford MBA programme will qualify for a discount on the self-funded element of their fees.
- 25% discount for undergraduate alumni with 1st Class honours, or Master's alumni with distinction
- 20% discount for undergraduate alumni with 2(i) Class honours, or Master's alumni with merit
- 15% discount for undergraduate alumni with 2(ii) Class honours, or Master's alumni with a pass
Company-sponsored study bursaries
A business relationship bursary of up to 35% is available for companies who have supported or worked with the School who are sponsoring or part-sponsoring an MBA student.
The amount will depend on the strength of the relationship, which might include companies who have previously funded a student on a Bradford programme, employed a placement student, facilitated a student project, employed a member of faculty to produce a KTP or research project or commissioned an Executive Education programme.
The list is not exhaustive and other business engagement activities could be considered eligible.
How do I find out more?
MBA Programme Team, University of Bradford School of Management, Emm Lane, Bradford BD9 4JL, UK
- Web: www.bradford.ac.uk/management/mba
- Tel: 00 44 1274 234 321
- Fax: 00 44 1274 234433
Steps to Postgraduate Study
Find out more about studying at a postgraduate level on the official, independent website Steps to Postgraduate Study (link opens in new window).
How to apply
Applications are considered as they are presented and so it is advisable to apply as soon as possible.
The easiest way to apply is online.
This will help us process your application more quickly and allow you to submit your supporting documents electronically.
Apply by post
If you are unable to apply online you can download the application form:
- Application Procedure and Instructions
- MBA Application Form
- Confidential Reference Form (two printed copies are needed)
Download and print an Application Form plus the Confidential Reference Form (two printed copies). Send the completed Application Form (with a covering letter and any supporting documentation) to:
University of Bradford School of Management,
Send the Confidential Reference forms to your two referees asking them to forward them to our address (printed on the form).
This is the current course information. Modules and course details may change, subject to the University's programme approval, monitoring and review procedures. The University reserves the right to alter or withdraw courses, services and facilities as described on our website without notice and to amend Ordinances, Regulations, fees and charges at any time. Students should enquire as to the up-to-date position when applying for their course of study.