Borrowing Library books during the University vacation periods
Books borrowed during the Summer Vacation will need to be renewed throughout the Summer period.
4 week loan items from the main collection DO NOT ALTER and need to be renewed every 4 weeks.
1 week loan items will be issued for 4 weeks towards the end of Summer term and will require renewing every 4 weeks throughout the summer period.
Borrowing from other collections
Books borrowed from the following collections during University vacation periods work in exactly the same way as term-time borrowing - loan periods do not alter.
Faculty of Health Studies Collection
3-day loan books
Library loan periods remain the same during the University vacation periods. If you are spending the vacation away from Bradford, think carefully about borrowing 3 day loan items. Library users are still able to reserve items during University holidays and 3 day loans should not be presumed to be available for longer. Please ensure you renew and return books as usual.
- 3 day loan items need to be renewed every 3 days
- Items can only be renewed if not reserved by another user. This means that 3 days loans borrowed at the end of any University term may need to be returned to the library before the end of the vacation.
- If a 3 day loan item is reserved you will be unable to renew it.
- If you are concerned that you may not be able to return an item during a vacation period we advise that you do not borrow it.
Borrowing during the Easter and Christmas vacations
Borrowing during the Easter and Christmas vacations works in exactly the same way as term-time borrowing - loan periods do not alter.
Reservations during the University vacations
Books can be reserved by other library users during the vacation periods. If you do borrow books remember to renew them. Check your Library Account regularly to make sure none of your items become overdue during the holiday period.
Items that have been reserved cannot be renewed.
- You must be prepared to return an item to the Library throughout the vacation period. If you cannot return a book to the Library in person, you may post items back to the Library you borrowed them from. The addresses of the two library sites can be found on our Contact Us webpage. Ensure you obtain proof of postage from the Post Office.
- If you are concerned that you may be unable to return an item during the vacation period we advise that you do not borrow it.
- Items borrowed by Library users for use during any of the University vacations may be due for return before the start of the next term.
- Items can be renewed online.
- Items requested by another user cannot be renewed.
Fines and Charges
If you have library fines above £5 you will be unable to borrow or renew any items.
- Fines of £5 or more can be paid online by logging into UPay or calling the J. B. Priestley Library on 01274 233301 during staffed hours.
- Fines on requested books which are returned late will not be waived.
We recommend that you regularly check your Library and University email accounts throughout vacation periods.