Skip to site navigation.
Skip to section navigation.
Skip to main page content.

How to Apply

Applying for an undergraduate course

All applications to full-time undergraduate degree courses must be submitted via UCAS’s (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) online facility,

  • For entry in September 2013, you can submit your application to UCAS anytime from September 2012 to June 2013. However, UCAS has set different application deadlines for different courses, most notably 15 October, 15 January and 24 March. Applications received after the course application deadline cannot be guaranteed equal academic consideration. It is advisable to apply as early as possible, especially if you are applying for a popular course. Check for more information.

  • It is even more important to start your visa application early as the process in some countries can be slow. The University will send a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) Statement to international students who need to apply for a student visa. You will need the CAS reference number to apply for your visa. You will need to complete your administrative, immigration and financial arrangements well before you leave for Bradford.

  • Special arrangements may be made if you are applying from a college which has a partnership agreement with the University. Your college should have more information on this or contact the University’s International Office if you think this applies to you.

  • If you are only applying for one course at one university, it is worth bearing in mind that it is simpler (and less expensive) to apply via UCAS.

  • The UCAS code for the University of Bradford is: BRADF B56.

Applying for a postgraduate taught course

Courses start in mid-September each year but we advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible, even if you have not yet completed your previous course of study. We may make an offer conditional upon your successful completion of a certain qualification.

All applications are considered carefully and individually. It helps us to process your application if the form is clearly written or typed, with all sections completed fully and accurately, and all relevant supporting documentation submitted.

Applying for a postgraduate research course

The majority of research students start in September, but it may be possible to start with effect from January, April or July. Typical periods of registration for full-time research are 15 months (minimum 12) for an MPhil, and three years for a PhD.

You will need to discuss your proposed field of research in some detail with the relevant School which will ensure that the University can provide the necessary supervision, equipment and research materials.

Your initial application should take the form of a completed application form and a detailed research proposal (two or three pages). You should send this to the contact name given for research in the appropriate School.

It may be possible for students to undertake part or the whole programme of research away from the University, provided that suitable arrangements for supervision can be made. This must be negotiated with the appropriate Department.

Apply through an agent if possible

We recommend that you apply through your country representative as they can help you at every stage of your application and communicate with the University on your behalf. They often provide additional services to ensure your smooth arrival to the UK such as visa application support and assistance with your travel arrangements.

Go to our 'Find an Overseas Representative' page to see if your country has a representative.

You can also contact your nearest British Council office or similar.