School of Dementia Studies
- We have trained over 8,500 people in our practice development methodology, Dementia Care Mapping™
- Our Alzheimer's Society funded Doctoral Training Centre is developing the next generation of dementia research leaders
- Undertaking landmark research, with funding from the Medical Research Council, the National Institute of Health Research, the Department of Health and the Alzheimer's Society
- The REF 2014 ranked our research impact as outstanding
- Developing leaders in health and social care through distance learning programmes
- Awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education in 2016, for world-leading work to improve the lives of people living with dementia.
With over 20 years experience, our expertise in applied dementia research is recognised internationally, and our impact rated as outstanding in the latest REF exercise
Undergraduate & Postgraduate programmes
Our distance-learning programmes are designed to be directly applicable to the workplace and to equip students with the skills to implement service delivery improvements.
Training and Short Courses
We offer short courses in Dementia Care Mapping, and Cornerstones of Person Centred Dementia Care. you can also commission a course for delivery within your organisation
Practice Development Consultancy
We work in partnership with organisations to identify areas for development and develop realistic plans to improve care practices in dementia care.
Dementia Care Mapping
Dementia Care Mapping is an established approach to achieving and embedding person-centred care for people with dementia, recognised by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence