University of Bradford Sports Scholarship Scheme
Prospective students: available
Current students: not available
Entry year: 2017/18
Postgraduate taught: available
Postgraduate research: available
Application deadline: 30 June 2017
About the scholarship
University of Bradford Sport is offering scholarships to assist with the development of its student athletes. The offer is available to all new students attending the University of Bradford, and is open to all nationalities. Three tiered packages are available (Gold, Silver and Bronze) and are assessed based on an individual’s sporting and academic history.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Tuition fee assistance (dependent upon package offered)
- Sport Science access (strength and conditioning; physiotherapy; performance analysis)
- Career and academic support
- Sports massage access
- Free sports membership and athletic union fee waiver
- Discounted sports kit packages (dependent upon package offered)
The scholarship will remain active throughout your course; however you will be expected to maintain certain objectives which will be evaluated at the end of each academic year. A review will be conducted at the end of each academic year, the outcome of the review will determine the continuation of scholarship funding into the next academic year.
- Students must be in the process of applying to study at The University of Bradford. Current students will not be accepted; however current students progressing to a postgraduate degree can apply.
- Students must be of regional, national or international standard in their sport and/or show strong evidence of future outstanding potential.
- Student must have the necessary academic background to successfully gain a place on a course at The University of Bradford.
- Students transferring from another University to study at Bradford can apply for the scholarship.
- Students must adhere to the conditions of the award.
The conditions of the scholarship award can be found below:
- Sports Scholarship conditions of award 2017/18 (PDF, 85KB)
- Sports Scholarship conditions of award 2017/18 (Word, 31KB)
Students from all countries, who meet the criteria, are eligible.
How to apply
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please fill in the application form:
Completed applications should be sent to: email@example.com by the advertised closing date.
There are two rounds of applications:
- First application round – closing date Friday 7 April 2017
- Second application round – closing date Friday 30 June 2017
Your application will be carefully assessed by a panel consisting of sport and academic staff. Applicants will be contacted as soon as possible once a decision has been made. Applicants who applied for the first round should hear by the end of May 2017. Applicants for the second round should hear by the end of July 2017. Any relevant course fees will be deducted automatically at enrolment. All other benefits of the scheme will commence in September following enrolment on your course.
If you require any assistance with your application please contact Katie Moore (Sports Co-ordinator) via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01274 23 4868
Closing date: 30 June 2017.