Part-time: not available
Prospective students: available
Current students: not available
Entry year: 2017/18
Postgraduate taught: available
Postgraduate research: available
Application deadline: 15 November 2016
About the scholarship
Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study in the UK are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/ October 2017
- By October 2017, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- 12 months’ support towards completion of a full-time taught postgraduate qualification at an eligible UK university. The CSC funds one-year Master’s programmes only, and does not fund MBAs
- Support towards completion of a full-time doctoral postgraduate qualification at an eligible UK university.
- All subject areas are eligible – although you should note that the CSC’s selection criteria give priority to applications that demonstrate the strongest relevance to development.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
- Kiribati (The Gilbert Islands)
- Papua New Guinea
- Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oenno Islands
- Samoa, Independent State of
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
- St.Kitts and Nevis
- St.Vincent and the Grenadines
- Tanzania, United Republic of
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Turks & Caicos Islands
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Closing date: 15 November 2016.
Find out more
See full terms and conditions.