Dr Jian-Ping Li
- Title: Lecturer in Engineering Optimisation
- Email: J.P.Li@Bradford.ac.uk
- Extension: 4539
- Room No. Chesham C0.15
- Qualifications: Ph.D University of Manchester M.Sc Nanjin University of Science and Techno
- Additional Role: Director of Postgraduate Research
- Additional Role: First Year Tutor
- Additional Role: Prize Management
- Web: http://www.scholarpark.co.uk/bradford/s/jpli
- Research Groups: Mechanical and Process Engineering
- Research Groups: Future Ubiquitous Networks
Education and Qualifications
- 2001-2004, Department of Mechanical, Aerospace & Manufacturing Engineering, UMIST, United Kingdom.
- 2000-2001, Engineering Department, Cambridge University, United Kingdom.
- 1986-1989, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, P.R.China.
- 1982-1986, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Shijiazhuang Institute of Science & Technology, P.R.China.
- M.Sc.(1989), Mechanical Optimization Design, Nanjing University of Science and Technology,1989, P.R.China.
- B.Sc. (1986), Mechanical Engineering, Shijiazhuang Institute of Science & Technology, 1986, P.R.China.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Senior member, Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society. Certificate No. 03330146.
- Member, Chinese Plant Engineering Society.
- Optimisation theory and algorithms
- Engineering Optimisation
- Engine calibration optimization
- Mechanical optimisation
- Truss Structure optimisation
- Reliability and maintainability
- Service modelling and optimisation
- Mechanical failure modelling in virtual reality environment.
- Effect of material inhomogeneity on reliability
- System reliability optimisation
- Maintainability design
- Programming in researches
- (TSB)Secure Integrated Network Communications for Broadband and ATM Connectivity with Prof. Fun Hu, 2012-, 735,640(GBP)
- (EPSRC)Advanced numerical techniques for characterising obstructions in sewer pipes (EP/H015469), 2010, 323,066(GBP)
- Engine Calibration, Jaguar.
EPSRC: Species optimisation of Engine Calibration
Current, and significant recent, funded projects
1. "Secure Integrated Network Communications for Broadband and ATM Connectivity" in 2013 with Prof. Fun Hu, £735,640
2. "Advanced numerical techniques for characterising obstructions in sewer pipes" in 2009, EPSRC, £323,066
3. "Travel Grant" in 2011, The Royal Academy of Engineering, £500.
4. "Travel Grant" in 2010, The Royal Academy of Engineering, £500.
5. "Travel Grant" in 2009, The Royal Academy of Engineering, £500.
6. "Grants for OR50",Operational Research Society.
- Co-organiser on niching optimization, 2013 IEEE Congress Evolutionary Computation (CEC).
- Co-organiser on niching optimization, 2011 IEEE Congress Evolutionary Computation (CEC).
- Session chair on Engineering Optimisation, 2011 the 11th Annual Workshop on Computational Intelligence (UKCI2012).
- Session chair on Engineering Optimisation, 2011 the 11th Annual Workshop on Computational Intelligence (UKCI2011).
- Invited Speaker, Structural Engineering Convention, IISc, Bangalore, India, Dec. 14-16,2005.
- Keynote talk, 2004, International Conference on Reliability, Maintainability and Safety (ICRMS). Session chair on reliability optimization
- IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part C Applications and Reviews
- Evolutionary Computation (MIT)
- Swarm Intelligent
- International Journal of Swarm Intelligence Research
- Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science
- Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science
- International Journal of Performability Engineering
- Journal of Heuristics
- International Journal of Systems Science
- Journal of the Indian Institute of Science
- 2013 University of Manchester;
- 2011 University of Essex;
- 2011 University of Hull;
- 2009 University of Loughborough.
- Chairman of Bradford Chinese School, 2013-
- member of the Trust Board of Bradford Chinese School, 2011-2013.
- Mohammed Alkaragoolee, 2015
- Kirils Bibiks,2013
- Abhishek Mishra,2013
- Abdelnaser A Khalifa Elwerfalli
- Mohammed Kianifar,2011
- Ekram F. M. Hamouda ,2009.
- Victor Moyo 2010
- Mohammed Ali
- Xue-Fei Ying
My full Publication is located at
Some publications can be found in the University scholar page