Benefits and services for alumni
Members of our alumni community are entitled to a number of exclusive benefits and services including; discounts off further study, career and employability services, library access, discount rates for University accommodation, corporate and sports facilities, and invitations to academic, professional and social events.
The Alumni Office produces quarterly e-newsletters and an annual publication, The Braduate Magazine, packed with news, research insights, and alumni articles. Update your contact details to ensure you receive the latest news and notifications about opportunities and services.
Career and Employability Services
As a University of Bradford graduate, you still have access to the Careers and Employability Service for up to five years after your studies. Whether you are at a career crossroads, need help with your job search or returning to work after a long break, you can get help with developing your CV, completing application forms, preparing for job interviews and psychometric tests. If you no longer live in Bradford or are unable to come onto campus we can also arrange careers guidance by email, phone, and Skype.
We also offer specific opportunities for graduates, including:
- The Graduate Programme includes career coaching and workshops to help you transition into your life after university.
- The Bradford Graduate Internship Programme a 10-week paid placement to help you gain relevant work experience and improve your employability skills, with the potential for permanent employment.
- The Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Career Management in Practice our new flexible postgraduate qualification which includes a work placement and a programme designed to enable you to develop the insights and skills needed to manage your own career plan. Free places are available for University of Bradford graduates.
Discounts on further study at Bradford
All alumni of the University of Bradford, regardless of when they graduated, will receive a 15% discount on future tuition fees if they achieved a 2:2 or above in their undergraduate degree. From 2017/18 the alumni discount scheme will apply across all faculties, including the Faculty of Management and Law.
The discount is available for:
- Self-funded students only
- All students progressing onto a Master's or a PhD programme from an undergraduate degree
- Students progressing from a taught Master's onto a PhD programme
- Alumni wishing to study a second undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Students who have studied here as part of an exchange, e.g. Erasmus
- Students who have completed an undergraduate programme at one of our partner institutions and then wish to continue their studies at postgraduate level here at Bradford; or students studying a premium fee programme by distance learning.
Visit our fees and financial support pages for more details.
Discounts on Gym membership and venue hire
40% off Unique Fitness & Lifestyle - Gym membership
If you live near the University, why not try out our new fitness and lifestyle facility. The centre caters for all ages, requirements and interests: from tailor-made stress busting exercise programmes to structured, but fun, swimming lessons for adults and children. Alumni receive Discount Alumni Gym Membership for Unique Fitness and Lifestyle at £22 per month.
For further information call 01274 234871 or visit the Unique Fitness & Lifestyle website
25% off venue hire at Heaton Mount
Heaton Mount, part of the University of Bradford’s Faculty of Management and Law, is a sensational venue for both corporate hire and special occasions, and a one stop shop for events in the West Yorkshire region. Visitors attending conferences, training, team building, Christmas parties, weddings and private parties, will experience first class service and cuisine in a beautiful venue befitting a world class business school, with boutique accommodation on site.
Alumni receive a 25% discount off all venue hire until December 2017 – Quote Alumni2017
For any further information please contact us on +44 (0) 01274 23 44 85 or email email@example.com
Visit www.heatonmount.com; or follow on Twitter; @heatonmount and find us on Facebook; Heaton Mount.
Alumni are automatically entitled to reference and study use of the JB Priestly and Emm Lane Libraries after leaving the University.
Reference access is free of charge; borrowing rights, with the ability to have two books on loan at any one time, may be granted on application by paying an annual fee of £35.
Corporate membership may also be granted on application. The charge is currently £50 for reference access and £100 for borrowing rights (two items on loan at any one time).
To apply for access to library services, or if you have any queries please call The Welcome Desk on 01274 233301
The Braduate is your free annual magazine sharing interesting news and insights from across the University and our global alumni community.
If you would like to contribute a an article/blog, profile or story, or simply have some news to share then contact us.
Alumni also receive a quarterly Braduate e-newsletter packed with all the latest University and alumni news including events, profiles, interesting articles, and information about the many ways you can get involved, wherever you're located. To subscribe to the newsletter please ensure we have your correct email by updating your details online.
As a graduate of Bradford, you have exclusive access to a range of alumni events and receptions in the UK and overseas. Make the most of a vibrant and stimulating programme of varied speaker and professional networking events taking place on-campus each year as well as re-unions, celebratory and professional development events organised by the Alumni Office. Additionally, the growth of our global alumni groups and networks presents opportunities for alumni to participate in social and professional events across the globe.
Replacement degree certificates and transcripts
Do you need a replacement transcript or degree certificate?
For details on how to order replacements please visit the frequently asked questions on transcripts and replacement certificates.
We have dedicated pages and groups for our alumni to help you stay connected and grow your networks.
Bradford Connect Alumni Portal
The Bradford Connect Alumni Portal is a dedicated communication and engagement platform that enables alumni to tap into the Bradford network. You can access and use the portal in a number of ways:
- Update your contact details held by the University to be kept informed about news and alumni events
- Manage your communication preferences
- Search and make contact with your friends and classmates and other alumni in the directory
- Browse and book on to events
- Make a gift or donation
UoB alumni app
Download the About UoB app to access news and information and alumni services via your smartphone or mobile device.